Ironing Board Cover WIP

So last week, my little craft "helper" Sprocket decided now was a good time to begin creating that quilted ironing board cover that I had intended to begin... one day. So she proceeded to rip up the existing (and extremely boring) cover and rip up little pieces of foam... to celebrate I guess?



And as you can see she was more than happy to "help" model my choice of fabrics for the job. While browsing the interwebs for inspiration, I didn't like any of the available patterns so I whipped out my ample supply of graph paper and got sketching.

 
So this is where I'm up to, Still have the checkered squares to go. I'm not 100% in love with the fabrics, but I had these on hand, they went together well, and they are being used rather than sitting in my stash gathering dust.  I love being a stash buster :)
 
 
What are you working on? I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday as usual over at Freshly Pieced.
 
 
 

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Comments

  1. Just finished watching the 10 Guiltiest Dogs (for doing very bad, inappropriate, untimely...much like Sprocket there...who's ears are just either way too cute or way too...well...guilty!) so this was a timely post! Love that you're using your stash! This will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee :) I'll have to have a look at the 10 Guiltiest Dogs, as well as Sprocket, I also have a very naughty, but oh so cute dog :)

      Delete
  2. Sprocket has a very innocent look on her face... Your ironing board will be gorgeous after all this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She looks innocent, but is vvvvery Cheeky! Thanks for your comment, I'll post pictures of my Ironing board as soon as it's done

      Delete
  3. Sprocket is sooo cute. Ironing board cover looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mac :) She is definately a cutie, still a kitten and just gets into everything! Great sewing buddy.
      Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful idea...
    leena

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop me a line ;-)

Popular Posts